Genre: Animated/Children's Educational
Runtime: 22-minute episodes
Air Date: Fall 2012 (TV Movie), Jan. 11, 2013 (TV Series)
Sofia the First - Synopsis
Sofia the First stories are set in the storybook world of young Sofia who starts out life as a regular girl. But when her mom marries the king, she is whisked off to a glamorous, but sometimes confusing, castle world of royalty, pomp and new step-siblings, Amber and James. "Sofia the First" will include appearances by Fauna, Flora and Merryweather (fairies seen in Disney's classic Sleeping Beauty) as the headmistresses of Royal Prep, the academy that Sofia, along with other princes and princesses, attends. Special event appearances will be made by classic characters including Cinderella and other Disney Princesses.
Sofia the First - Fun Facts
- Sofia the First launched with a TV movie premiere in fall, 2012.
- Disney princess fairytales have been enchanting audiences for more than 70 years, but this is the first time a series has centered on a princess as a little girl.
- Sofia the First stories are designed to communicate positive messages and life lessons that are applicable to preschool-aged children, such as: learning how to fit in, making new friends, conquering new skills and building sibling relationships.
- Sofia will wear plenty of pretty dresses and sparkly shoes, but the stories will focus on the idea that what makes a real princess is what's on the inside. The show will highlight character qualities such as kindness, generosity, loyalty, honesty and grace.
- Sofia will be voiced by Ariel Winter (ABC's Modern Family)