Pictured above is the table of cars some other writers and I created while at Disney Animation Studios. Here are the materials needed to create your own, as well as a few simple tips:Materials:
- Graham crackers and wafer cookies
- Round cookies like Oreos or Vanilla Wafers
- Various assorted candies like mints, gum drops and licorice
- Plastic or regular butter knife or small spatula (to spread frosting)
- Use graham crackers and wafer cookies to construct the base and sides of the car. Glue together with frosting.
- Add wheels and secure with frosting and toothpicks if necessary.
- Decorate your car and add details such as a steering wheel, lights, exhaust pipe, seats and more.
When we made our cars, animators from Disney Studios judged our creations and picked a winner. They judged the contest based on the style, clean look, details and presentation. Did I win? No, not even close, but I had a lot of fun and can't wait to put my kids' Halloween candy to some creative use after they see Wreck-It Ralph. They will love the candy coated land of Sugar Rush from the movie, so I know they'll be excited about creating a candy car of their own.