Two friends and an uptight stepsister find fun, adventure, romance and even a little bit of themselves on a graduation celebration trip to Paris that leads them to Monte Carlo...
Monte Carlo Movie TrailerMPAA Rating: PG (for brief mild language)
Genre: Comedy/Teen romance
Runtime: Approx. 109 minutes
Starring: Selena Gomez, Leighton Meester, Katie Cassidy, Cory Monteith, Andie MacDowell, Catherine Tate
Studio: 20th Century Fox
Director: Thomas Bezucha
Release Date: July 1, 2011
Monte Carlo - Official Synopsis
Grace (Selena Gomez) is an ordinary girl who becomes an accidental princess when a family summer trip to Paris turns into the fantasy of a lifetime. Living like royalty, Grace, along with her two best friends, discovers who she really is - by assuming another person's identity.
Monte Carlo - Fun Facts About the Movie and Selena Gomez!
Selena Gomez came to our city while doing a publicity tour for Monte Carlo. We were so happy to be part of a big group of moms and daughters who got to participate in a roundtable interview with Selena. Of course, the young girls were excited to meet such a remarkable young woman, and not only did we have a great time talking with her, we also learned some really fun facts about the movie and about Selena! (additional facts also come form the movie production notes):
- In the movie, Grace (Selena) is from Texas, but the Texas scenes were mainly shot in Budapest, Hungary.
- The famous necklace to be auctioned in the movie is of course, not real jewels. However, it is a replica of a Bvlgari necklace that is worth millions of dollars.
- The gown Grace/Cordelia wore to the ball is a one-of-a-kind Oscar de la Renta ball gown that was purchased from the exclusive Beverly Hills shop Lily et Cie (Lily and Co.). The gown was hand sequined, with layers of netting and petticoat underneath, and tiny pearls also tucked in by hand.
- Selena had to use, basically, three different accents in the movie: young Texas gal (surely, that came natrually), British socialite, and young Texas gal impersonating a young socialite. Keeping all three straight and consistent was quite a challenge.
- The horse Grace ride in the Polo match is named "Ariel." Selena took riding lessons to prepare for the role of Grace.
- Selena Gomez received by mail her own high school diploma on the very day of she shot the graduation scene for the movie.
- Emma, played by Katie Cassidy, eats a lot of chocolate in the film, but Katie is very healthy and didn't want to eat all that chocolate. She had a spit bucket on set, so she could spit the chocolate back out!
- Monte Carlo is located in the Principality of Monaco. The official flower of Moneco is the carnation.
- Selena is an ambassador for UNICEF.
- Selena's favorite food is pizza, and her favorite toppings?: mushrooms and jalapeños.