Bottom line: Peter Rabbit and Other Fairytale Adventures features four episodes of the amazing Super Why! series for preschoolers. Kids learn about letters, phonics, and reading as they watch their Super Reader friends investigate fun fairytales to find answers to various problems.MPAA Rating: NR
Running time: Approx. 100 minutes
Age rang: Preschoolers
Super Why!: Peter Rabbit and Other Fairytale Adventures - Overview
Whenever they have a problem, the Super Readers -- Alpha Pig with Alphabet Power, Wonder Red with Word Power, Princess Presto with Spelling Power, and Super Why with the Power to Read -- invite Super YOU to come into the pages of a magical storybook world and help them. The Readers use their super reading powers to answer questions and solve problems as they read through a story and glean a lesson that they later apply to the initial conundrum. Kids have fun and learn problem solving and thinking skills as they follow along on the adventures. Peter Rabbit and Other Fairytale Adventures features four episodes of Super Why!:
- "Peter Rabbit": Little Red Riding Hood wants to find the perfect present for her grandma, but she just can't decide what to get for her. The Super Readers jump into the story of Peter Rabbit, where the funny bunny is trying to procure veggies for his mama, and they find out what kind of a present mamas and grandmas might like most!
- "Tom Thumb": Kids are often frustrated when they are deemed too little to do something, and no one knows that better than tiny Tom Thumb. The Super Readers help Pig feel better in this little adventure.
- "Goldilocks and the Three Bears": Wyatt's big brother is not happy when Wyatt messes up his room. What can Wyatt do to make things better? The story of Goldilocks might have a clue.
- "Rapunzel": Princess Pea's kitten is stuck up in a tree. No one knows tall places like Rapunzel, so the Super Readers turn to her tale for help.
Super Why!: Peter Rabbit and Other Fairytale Adventures - Guide Review
What can I say? Peter Rabbit and Other Fairytale Adventures contains four episodes of Super Why!, so it's inherently a very good DVD. Kids absolutely adore this series. Ask a handful of preschoolers what their favorite TV show is, and it's almost guaranteed that at least one will say Super Why!. Even better, the show actually does effectively teach literacy skills. The show is a fabulous use of limited TV time, and this DVD is great for road trips or other times in which kids are going to be watching TV and you want it to be a little more worth while.
Super Why!: Peter Rabbit and Other Fairytale Adventures - DVD Special Features
- Interactive Games: Insert the DVD into your DVD-ROM drive to play "Red's Rhyme N' Roll," "Create Your Own Superhero," "Alpha Pig's Alpha-Bricks," or "Super Why's Storybook Creator."
- Music Videos: Kids can sing and spell along with four fun songs and scenes from the DVD.
- Printable Activities and Coloring Pages