Network: Disney Channel
Premiere date: Monday, February 16 (8:00 p.m., ET/PT)
Dadnapped - Official Synopsis
In this action comedy, 15-year-old Melissa Morris's long-awaited camping vacation with her father, Neal Morris, is waylaid by a side-trip to promote his latest novel at a small-town convention of fans. But that proves only the beginning when Neil is captured, first by three teenaged fans who are eager to show off their knowledge of his fictional hero, Tripp Zoome, and then by a pair of goofball hapless villains who want Neal to help them write their own popular action adventure series. If she is to rescue her father, Melissa must overcome her self-doubts, see her father in a new light and enlist an army of Zoome devotees.
Dadnapped - Cast
- Emily Osment as Melissa Morris
- David Henrie as Wheeze
- Jason Earles as Merv
- Moises Arias as Andre Jonathan Keltz as Tripp Zoome
- Denzel Whitaker as Sheldon
- Charles Halford as Skunk
- Phill Lewis as Maurice
- George Newbern as Neal Morris
Dadnapped - Topics and Themes
- Melissa's parents are divorced, so issues surrounding divorce and her relationship with each parent come up in the movie.
- Melissa's dad is very busy with work and spends relatively little time with her. The situation is difficult for her, and she struggles to understand their relationship and her own self-worth.
- Melissa and her father are very much alike, even though they haven't always spent a lot of time together. The connection and similarities between her and her father are a part of who she is.