The funky music man DJ Lance Rock and his unique friends have absolutely captivated preschoolers everywhere. As a parent, you might be raising your eyebrows at (or singing along with) the zany crew and their techno beat for preschoolers, but kids are decided -- DJ Lance and his friends are AWESOME! Each themed episode of the show helps preschoolers learn about social skills in a musical and fun way. Here are some of the available Yo Gabba Gabba! DVDs featuring episodes from the show:
Every Yo Gabba Gabba! episode is filled with music and dancy dancing, but a couple of the episodes on this title really emphasize dancing and movement:
- Differences: The Gabba gang learns that it’s OK to be different, and they even point out the differences in each other. Musical guest: I’m From Barcelona.
- Band: The Yo Gabba gang starts a band! Musical guest: Lady Tigra.
- Move: Coordination and control are key in this episode. Tony Hawk guest stars.
- Train: The Gabba Gang makes a train. Laila Ali guest stars.
Adventure is the name of the game on this Yo Gabba Gabba! release. Even simple things can seem so adventurous to kids, so something like a treasure hunt or dance party is spectacular, but a circus, now that is just magic.
- Circus: Muno, Foofa, Brobee, Toodee and Plex help Al the Ringmaster (yep, that's Weird Al Yankovic) make a circus in Gabba Land!
- Treasure Hunt: Join the Gabba Gang and guests on an exciting treasure hunt.
- Flying: The Gabba Gang goes on a hot air balloon ride and meet new friend Sparkles.
- Fun: Learn about different ways to have fun!
These episodes focus on helping young children develop healthy, safe habits and become more comfortable with doctors. The simple Yo Gabba Gabba messages and songs really stick with children, so they are a good tool for parents to help kids learn about health and safety.
- Doctor: The doc. visits the Gabba Gang and helps Toodee feel better.
- Teeth: Muno loses a tooth!
- Clean: Clean up and wash your hands!
- Car: Kids learn to buckle up and be safe on the street.
Celebrate Summer fun with this Yo Gabba Gabba! title featuring the following four episodes:
- "Clubhouse": Brobee and Muno build a clubhouse and learn that everything is more fun if you include everyone!
- "Adventure": The Gabba gang leanrs that an adventure can happen any time, any place -- even in Gabbaland!
- "Summer": Brobee, Muno, Foofa and Toodee sing and dance about the fun things you can do in the season of summer!
- "Animals": The Gabba friends look for tracks and listen to sounds as they explore what kinds of animals live in Gabbaland!
These Yo Gabba Gabba! episodes are bursting with music and fun, and the simple, focused themes are perfectly suited for young children.
The first DVD from Yo Gabba Gabba!, this title contains four episodes from the first season of the show: "Friends," "Eat," "Dance," and "Happy." The title "Dancey Dance Bunch" is so Yo Gabba Gabba! For fans of the series, this is a must-own DVD. Not only does it contain four foundational episodes, but the episode "Eat" features the song "Party in My Tummy," which is an absolute Yo Gabba Gabba! classic.
Family and togetherness are the theme in the Yo Gabba Gabba! DVD Meet My Family, featuring the episodes "Family," "Together," "Games," and "Imagine." As always, these Yo Gabba Gabba! episodes are filled with fun and music, including great musical guests. In "Family," The Roots come by to sing their popular song "Lovely, Love My Family."
"Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday!" The Ting Tings visit Gabbaland in the title episode, "Birthday," and celebrate along with all the other Gabba friends, because it's Brobee's birthday -- shhh! -- it's a surprise. Brobee takes a look back and remembers each of his past three birthdays, which means today he is 4 years old! The DVD also inlcudes the episodes, "Dress Up," "Talent," "and "Ride."
The Halloween-themed episode on the Yo Gabba Gabba: Halloween! DVD lets young kids enjoy Halloween fun without the fright, and features these new songs in the shows signature musical style: “The Fall Song,” “Halloween Party Song,” “Trick or Treat Song,” and “Too Much Candy.” Kids learn about the fall/Halloween season, and as with other Yo Gabba Gabba! episodes, there is also a valuable life lesson -- don't eat too much candy!